Malone Yak Hauler

Discussion in 'Monster Kayak' started by Tony_Noon, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Tony_Noon

Tony_Noon Well-Known Member YakPack

Just got it today, so I can't really say to much about it yet; but so far so good. This thing is massive! image1.JPG
    T-Angler likes this.
  2. The Riddler

The Riddler Well-Known Member

Not sure if those are balloon tires. Did you bring it through soft beach sand for a distance yet?
    Tony_Noon likes this.
  3. RIyak

RIyak Well-Known Member YakPack

They make a version with balloon tires.
    IMG_1659.JPG
    Tony_Noon likes this.
  4. Tony_Noon

I got the all terrain tires. I hardly ever beach launch in sand, so it didn't make sense to me to get them. I have since heard from Tim Moore that the balloon tires are actually pretty good for going over obstacles like curbs, so I might have grabbed the wrong set. They sell the beach wheels and the all terrain wheels separately so you can have both of you want.
    Fishingfreek likes this.
  5. kenmathis

kenmathis Well-Known Member YakPack

I use balloon tires for all surfaces. They are so much better.
    Fishingfreek and Tony_Noon like this.
  6. Mako Gary

Mako Gary New Member YakPack

I bought mine with the terrain tires and picked up a pair of balloon tires. Great for any need/
    Tony_Noon likes this.
  7. Tony_Noon

I have used the all terrain tires in sand, mud, rip rap, tar, and hard packed dirt. I like the big wheels, and the fact that it is so much higher makes it easier to get the kayak off of my car and onto the carrier. I also find it is easier to pull for longer distances. I definitely think the sand tires would be better for beach launching, but like I said earlier most of my launches are tar or hard packed dirt. Also, I would have worried about the rip rap path I went down (I think it was supposed to be a drainage for the parking area.) I think it would have damaged regular beach inflatable tires.
  8. Fishingfreek

Fishingfreek Active Member YakPack

I have PA 14 and the balloon tires are better by far!