BSB Recipes

Discussion in 'Cooking/Recipes' started by frogman, Jun 14, 2017.

1. frogman

frogman NEKF BOD YakPack Board of Directors

Hey Guys, let's hear your favorite black sea bass recipes. Lots of them being caught lately.
  2. boulderdash

boulderdash Active Member

Grilled sea bass with Thai red coconut curry sauce and mixed Asian style veggies on top of wide rice noodles, garnished with fresh basil.
    skikid00, Dims and Bluefinn18 like this.
  3. frogman

frogman NEKF BOD YakPack Board of Directors

Do you have a recipe for the "Thia red coconut curry sauce" sound interesting.
  4. gotstripers

gotstripers Well-Known Member

Just had some, just so yummie. I put on a small plate enough panko to cover the filets and then I liberally sprinkle a lot of chef Paul's blackened redfish magic on top and the mix it well with a fork. For my typical three fileet dinner I beat an egg, roll the filets in the egg and press them down firmly into the panko to cover both sides. I put Canola oil in a skillet on my grille side burner and cover it with a metal cover to heat it up quickly and hot. Dependly on thickness, it's probably no more than a minute or two per side.
    Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
  5. SoLow

SoLow Well-Known Member YakPack

I have really bad GERD. So bad that I haven't had a beer in 4 months and went back to eating a really clean diet. I can't eat anything spicy. I don't even use black pepper anymore. Luckily, I love fish so much I don't need to mask the taste with anything. I've gone out for sushi 3 times in the past month.

So for me BSB is:

Preheat oven to 425
    rub both sides of filets with a little EVOO
    sprinkle some freshly minced garlic
    dash of salt
    in the over for 15 minutes
    enjoy
  6. boulderdash

boulderdash Active Member

Its very simple .Just heat in a sauce pan on low heat one can of coconut milk and add red curry paste to taste.
    also its a lot cheaper to buy the curry and coconut milk at Walmart than Stop and Shop
  7. johne

johne Member

Combine melted butter, salt, pepper, little garlic, some fresh squeezed lemon, some olive oil, and a little fresh chopped cilantro (or not...some people don't care for it, but I love the stuff). Or dill instead of cilantro (my mixture for grilled sword).

Dump mixture over fillets and coat them for a few minutes. Then throw on red hot grill for a couple minutes on each side (give or take depending on fillet thickness).