Albie Action

Discussion in 'Salt Water (Main Forum)' started by gotstripers, Aug 1, 2017.

1. gotstripers

gotstripers Well-Known Member

Years back when I was a boater, Westport always had some good action, but like any year it's all about bait and weather.
  2. Lefty

Lefty Moderator

I'm still a little skittish going down there. Only went 2 times last year and struck out both times. Every year is different . All depends on the bait. Hope to get down more this year.
  3. Jigz4Fish

Jigz4Fish Member

I was out there today and saw some weird fish chasing bait on the surface near the ledge. By the time I grabbed my pole I didn't see them anymore. Is it too early for albies? I had to come back in early because the swells got to me.
    macawbird likes this.
  4. beef78

beef78 Well-Known Member YakPack

Probably a couple weeks early still. I have heard of more crazy things happening than a fish showing up early, though.
  5. macawbird

macawbird Well-Known Member YakPack

No comments from me till October... but gotstriper you know where to go you don't need us, see u out there
    The Riddler and hooked260 like this.
  6. CookinFisherGal

CookinFisherGal Active Member YakPack

I work in Falmouth and the kayak goes to work with me. Happy to join anyone who wants to go out early or after 4 pm. I haven't done Albies yet.
  7. Tony_Noon

Tony_Noon Well-Known Member YakPack

If anyone has good reason to be skittish it's you Lefty. I still am super cautious around boaters after seeing your pictures and hearing your stories.
  8. Bones

Bones Well-Known Member

Like Bob said fish where there's rocks the size of small houses they don't mix well with boats
    Jigz if you were on the south side or RI there's a bunch of warm water fish moving around kings spainish and chub mackerel big warm water eddy move in two weeks ago check out Rutgers university sst charts you will see water temps charts