2017 SweetWater Smackdown Kayak Trail is BACK !

Discussion in 'Fresh Water' started by Crazycrawler, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Crazycrawler

Crazycrawler Well-Known Member YakPack

IMG_3966.PNG
    Two prize packs already in for the free raffles....Eligible just for showing up at 3 or more events !
    IMG_4120.JPG
    IMG_4172.PNG
    1st event at South Pond ramp April 22 more prizes on the way...don't miss this years SweetWater Smackdown !
    Stinking Wally likes this.
  2. Crazycrawler

Last years bait bonanza winnings
    IMG_3976.PNG
    Stinking Wally, billybass and markn like this.
  3. Crazycrawler

Got out for a few hrs. today to fine tune everything for next Saturday's event 1 !
    I'm ready to defend
  4. Chief20R2

Chief20R2 Member

Looking forward to taking it away this year.;) A little shakedown on the new ride and some prefishing for the 1st event IMG_4079.JPG
    markn and Crazycrawler like this.
  5. Crazycrawler

The defending CHAMP will be ready :D
  6. billybass

billybass NEKF BOD YakPack

Wher is the launch for the first one
  7. Chief20R2

Chief20R2 Member

south.jpg
    There's also the concrete ramp across the street. Your can fish both South Pond and Quaboug Pond by going under the bridge
  8. billybass

billybass NEKF BOD YakPack

Ok just have to punch in longitude and latitude
    Crazycrawler likes this.
  9. Crazycrawler

Thanks Norman
    Chief20R2 likes this.
  10. Crazycrawler

The weather is looking quite perfect for event 1 this Saturday 6am launch South Pond or Quabog in play. Don't forget your bait entry camera and easy to read measuring device. I will have a special bounty prize on the table for the 1st Pike caught this tournament season :D See you kayak fishing freaks on Saturday !
    Robbie McCarthy likes this.
  11. Crazycrawler

Awesome time I think just about everyone landed fish throughout the day. In fact one of the reasons this tourney event is so fun is the variety of species caught You Be The Judge ! Way to guys !
    Robbie landed brown trout rainbow & pickerel
    IMG_4326.JPG
    IMG_4325.JPG
    Jason caught a little of everything
    IMG_4323.JPG
    IMG_4322.JPG IMG_4321.JPG
    LumberJackLee caught Bass all day
    IMG_4363.PNG
    Norman with his new Native Watercraft motorboat took the tourney lead with a solid 2 fish length of 33.5" Nice job buddy
    IMG_4361.JPG
    IMG_4362.JPG
  12. Crazycrawler

Here's my video on my day solid Bass throughout the first part of the day but could not find a second species to save my life
    Robbie McCarthy and Chief20R2 like this.
  13. Crazycrawler

See you all May 13 !
  14. Crazycrawler

Looks like we will squeak in the tourney just in time before the rains...could be a good pre-storm bite :D

See you Knuckleheads in the AM...Lake Wampanoag / camp collier launch off Rt.140
  15. magpie

magpie NEKF Treasurer YakPack Board of Directors

Way to go Crazy..good times!!
  16. Crazycrawler

Yesterday at event 2 of SweetWater Smackdown it was a battle of chilly 52 deg. water tempts with little bit of wind and the Bass had lock jaw. But you can't catch em from the couch !
    Everyone managed to still get on the board though here's Jason's best 2 species on the day....nice job J !
    IMG_4541.JPG
    IMG_4542.JPG
    I couldn't manage a Bass better than 15" & a Pickerel 16.5" toughbite all day.
    IMG_4516.JPG
    IMG_4519.JPG
    Justin's best 2
    IMG_4543.JPG
    IMG_4544.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 14, 2017
  17. Crazycrawler

The man that has thrown the gauntlet down was Norman winning his 2nd in a row Kayak Trail event ! Great work Norman !
    IMG_4539.JPG
    IMG_4540.JPG
    I think he had the secret sauce because he even caught 2 fish at the same time on 1 lure and a Bass & Pickerel to boot...never seen that before
    IMG_4545.JPG
    Here's a short vid. on my afternoon
    Chief20R2 likes this.
  18. Crazycrawler

Norman jumping out front winning the first 2 events leading the SWS Kayak Trail with 2pts ! That's it for you COME ON GUYS ! We'll get it done on the river next month
    Chief20R2 likes this.
  19. Crazycrawler

See you kayak fishing freaks Saturday morning bright eyed and bushy tailed 6am launch Sudbury River !
    Bring your rain gear we could see a shower but right now it doesn't look like much of anything to worry about.
    In my book it looks like perfect fishing weather...maybe Norman will stay home so someone else can win an event this year :D
  20. Chief20R2

Chief20R2 Member

Stay home ? Not a chance !!! :)