Birthday:
May 18, 1953 (Age: 64)
Retired

Share This Page

gotstripers

Well-Known Member, Male, 64, from Plymouth, MA

gotstripers was last seen:
Viewing thread Missing kayaker, Sep 25, 2017 at 7:38 AM
  • There are no messages on gotstripers's profile yet.
  • About

Birthday:
    May 18, 1953 (Age: 64)
    Retired
    My fishing started in freshwater and I fished club and mass federation bass tournaments for about 5 years, until it started to become too crowded and more like work. Switched back to the salt and having a real preference for sluggos in my freshwater fishing, I wanted something more meaty and more durable for my striper fishing, so I designed my own baits. I had a nice hobby business under the name Ledge Runner Baits and at one time had maybe 6-8 shops scattered around the south shore and RI carrying a small stock. I think Monahan's in Weymouth is still carrying some and just recently purchased all my remaining 5 & 8" grub supplies, if you are interested the business is still for sale go check it out at www.linesiders.com/lr.

I've written part time for On The Water and was pleased to have them use one of my articles in the Anthology book published a number of years back. No coincidence then that if you bump into me on the water, you will see multiple rods rigged with various plastic's to fish all levels of the water column. Most of my salt water fishing focused on stripers, although the last half dozen years, I've really focused more on good eaters; with tog being at the head of my list due to their dogged fighting ability.

Father of 3 boys, retired as of last year and when I'm not fishing; I'm playing golf. Golf is my equivilent of gym, like a brisk walk for a quick 18 holes and find the game very challenging; always looking for a playing partner.